If you’ve been in a truck accident, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure what to do next. But don’t worry we’re here to help. This blog will provide all the information you need to make a successful truck accident claim.
We’ll walk you through the process step-by-step, from gathering evidence to negotiating with the insurance company. We’ll also give you tips on what to do (and what not to do) to increase your chances of getting the compensation you deserve.
So, if you’ve been in a truck accident and are looking for advice on what to do next, this blog is for you!
Average Payout for Truck Accident Claims
You may be entitled to compensation if you are involved in a truck accident. The compensation you receive depends on several factors, including the severity of your injuries and the total damage to your vehicle.
There are several factors that affect how much money you can expect to receive from a truck accident claim. Some of these factors include:
- The Severity of Your Injuries: If you suffer life-threatening injuries due to a truck accident, you will likely receive more compensation than someone who suffers minor injuries.
- Who Is at Fault: If the other driver is found to be at fault for the accident, they will likely be liable for damages. This means you will receive less money if you are partially responsible for the crash.
- Insurance Coverage: Generally speaking, larger vehicles such as trucks have more comprehensive insurance coverage than smaller vehicles like cars. As such, you can expect to receive more money from an insurance company if their policy covers accidents involving trucks.
Considering all these factors, the average payout for truck accident claims is typically between $100,000 and $300,000. Of course, there are always exceptions to this rule, but these are the general ranges that most insurance companies operate within.
Tips For Filing a Successful Truck Accident Claim
When you are involved in a truck accident, it is important to know what to do to make a successful claim. Here are five tips that will help you:
- Contact the Police: The first thing you should do after a truck accident is to call the police. They will come to the scene and take down all the relevant information needed when making your claim.
- Gather Evidence: It is also important to gather evidence at the accident scene. This includes taking photographs of the damage done to both vehicles and collecting witness statements.
- Seek Medical Attention: You should always seek medical attention after an accident, even if you don’t think you are injured. Some injuries may not present themselves until later, so it is best to get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible.
- Speak With an Attorney: A personal injury attorney can help you with your truck accident claim and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Stay Calm and Patient: Dealing with a truck accident can be overwhelming and frustrating, but staying calm and patient throughout the process is important. This will make it easier for you to handle everything that comes up.
To successfully file a truck accident claim, it is important to understand the process and what is required. The first step is to contact an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the process and ensure that you have the necessary evidence. At Garcia and Phan Southern Personal Injury Attorneys, we have years of experience helping our clients get the compensation they deserve. Contact us at (714) 586-8298 to schedule a free consultation.