LOS ANGELES PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
It takes less than a second for a serious accident to happen, but the resulting pain and emotional distress can last for months. Some victims never make a full recovery. Beyond the physical and psychological trauma, the cost of medical care and lost income can threaten the financial future of the entire family. Our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys understand the adversity you’re facing, and we’re ready to help you fight for the compensation you need to get your life back.
How Can I Strengthen My Personal Injury Case?
Many people assume that filing a personal injury claim is a fairly straightforward process. Unfortunately, this is far from true. A dispute can arise at any moment of the proceedings and derail your entire case. Even if you have strong evidence to prove fault, there’s no guarantee that the insurance company will cooperate and pay a fair settlement.
It’s wise to prepare for all eventualities by taking steps to strengthen your claim such as:
- Undergoing an Immediate Medical Evaluation: Your first step is to seek medical attention. No matter how minor your injury seems, getting an evaluation right away is essential if you intend to file a personal injury claim. Without official documentation of your injury and symptoms, it will be difficult to tie your injury to the accident and to prove its severity.
- Preserving Evidence: It’s not uncommon for a seemingly insignificant piece of evidence to play a critical role in proving liability or damages. For example, if you crashed your vehicle due to an auto part defect, it’s important that you preserve the vehicle so your attorney and relevant experts can evaluate the damage. If you get the vehicle repaired, it might be difficult to prove that the part was defective or that the defect was the actual or proximate cause of the accident. To avoid disposing of important evidence, it’s a good idea to speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
- Calling a Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer: The guidance of a skilled personal injury attorney can help you avoid critical mistakes that would lead to unnecessary disputes, delays, and complications. The sooner your lawyer can investigate your case, the better. Essential evidence might be altered or otherwise become unavailable. The best time to contact an attorney is immediately after you undergo a medical evaluation, which should take place on the same day of the injury but certainly no later than 48 hours afterward.
- Not Speaking to the Insurance Company: Do you remember what you were doing in the moments leading up to the accident? Which parts of your body are in pain? Have you been able to return to work? These questions might seem simple and straightforward, but your answers may be taken out of context to dispute your claim. Insurance companies are businesses like any other, so one of their primary goals is to pay claimants as little as possible. In pursuit of that goal, insurance adjusters often ask leading questions to elicit responses that can be used to deny or undervalue claims. The bottom line: Your lawyer should handle all correspondence with anyone affiliated with the insurance company.
- Limiting Your Social Media Activity: Social media posts are often used by insurance companies to dispute liability or damages. To protect your claim, it’s a good idea to disable your social media profiles until the conclusion of the proceedings.
- Following Your Doctor’s Orders: If you do anything that might cause your injuries to worsen, the insurance company may refuse to pay for 100 percent of your damages. By following your doctor’s orders, you’ll be less likely to face a dispute regarding a failure to mitigate your damages.
What do I do after an accident?
If you have experienced serious injuries after an incident, seek medical attention right away. Even if you believe that you did not suffer a major injury you should still be examined by a medical professional. Some symptoms from an injury such as a concussion do not appear until weeks or even months later. Make sure to keep all medical documentation as well. This can be helpful later for your personal injury case. Once it has been confirmed that you have suffered from an injury, immediately after, file a claim through your insurance company. The insurance representative that is handling your claim will then speak to an adjuster to discuss the compensation that you may receive. Remember that most of the time the job of the negligent party’s insurance company is to provide you with as little compensation as possible for your losses. You should not have to settle for any amount that will not cover the costs for your medical bills, lost wages or mental anguish.
Contact our law offices at 714-586-8298 to get more information on your legal rights.
Speak with a Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer Today
YOU DESERVE THE BEST
Call Us Now
100% – Free Attorney Case Review
Take a look at common questions
Yes. In most instances, we quickly arrange for a rental car for you so you can get on with your normal activities, and we make sure you get the car you need. Do you have a case?
Like any other profession, the quality of legal services varies tremendously from one lawyer to the next. Some lawyers are barely competent others are outstanding leaders of the legal community. These days, clients can use the internet to obtain information about a prospective lawyer. Internet searches can provide information on the attorney’s experience and trial results. I provide information about my actual results on this website so prospective clients can make the best decisions when hiring a lawyer and feel comfortable that the Garcia & Phan Law Firm has proven experience and results.
NO! Our office policy is straightforward and clear: We Don’t Get Paid Unless You Get Money from the Insurance Company! This means that if we don’t get you some monetary recovery, you will not owe us any fees. It’s as simple as that. No money upfront, and no hourly fees. This policy allows us to aggressively fight for the maximum recovery for you and your loved ones. No matter how long the case takes, we will be there fighting for your rights.
Yes. If you have lost earnings or have lost the ability to earn money in the future as a result of your accident, our office fight aggressively to get all of the money you have lost back for you.