In this blog post, we talk in-depth about Seatbelts Failure. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has known about these problems for a while, but they haven’t done enough to fix them. Millions of accidents happen every year because of it, and some of them even end in death.
Different types of seatbelt failures
Seatbelts keep people from being thrown out of their seats or even killed, and they can cut a person’s chance of dying in half. It is one of a car’s most important parts. Seat belts are important, but they can cause serious injuries or even death if they break in a crash. Seat belts failure can cause a lot of trouble, which can be dangerous.
- Seat belt buckles that don’t work
- Seat belt webbing that is defective
- Belt latches that don’t work
- Flaws in the stitching
3 Reasons You Need To Be Aware Of Seatbelts Failure
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2015, 3,477 people were killed in car accidents that involved 4-wheelers, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). 57 per cent of those who died were not wearing seat belts or were wearing ones that didn’t work. NHTSA also says that seat belts cut by 45 per cent the chance of a fatal injury.
- Seat belts are made to keep people safe in a crash. They are one of the most important things in a car that helps keep people safe. There are times, though, when they don’t work right. When this happens, people can get hurt or even die. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says that seat belts save 13,000 lives every year. When they don’t work right, though, they can cause terrible injuries. In 2015, 273 people died, and more than 33,000 were hurt because their seat belts didn’t work right.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that between 1998 and 2002, seat belts didn’t protect people in about 1 out of 4 accidents. In fatal accidents after 2004, 6 per cent of the time, seat belts did not keep people safe. These numbers show how important it is always to wear your seat belt, even if you don’t think it works right. The number has gone up to 10% in the past few years.
Take the time to talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer if you were hurt in a car accident because your seatbelt didn’t work. Because of what happened to you, you might be able to get compensation.
How to figure out if you are eligible to file a Seatbelts Failure claim
- If you get into an accident and say it was because you were wearing a defective seat belt, you might be able to file a claim. To win your claim, you have to show that the seat belt was not working properly when the accident happened.
- If you have a claim about a defective product, you might be able to get money for your medical bills and lost wages. But remember that it’s hard to win these cases, and the manufacturer will probably try to say that something else caused your accident.
- If you’ve been hurt in an accident, go to a Personal Injury Lawyer to find out what kind of Personal Injury Claim is best for you.
- You can get money from the negligent party (the manufacturer) for car accidents or broken car parts.
- Get all the proof about the bad product, like medical bills and pictures of where the accident happened.
Do you need help from a lawyer?
Talk to a Garcia and Phan Personal Injury lawyers who focuses on car accidents and dangerous products. They can help you with your case by looking at all the evidence you’ve gathered and giving you their opinion and a plan for what to do next.
It’s important to have all the right paperwork in case of an accident or a claim for a defective product.
If an insurance company refuses to pay you the full amount you are owed or refuses to pay, you should go to court.
If you were hurt in an accident or by a bad product, you might be able to get money from a settlement. Visit our website or give us a call at 714-586-8298 if you want to learn more about your legal options.