If you are already struggling financially and have been injured in an accident, you may wonder how you could afford a personal injury attorney to help you recover compensation for your losses. Legal services sound expensive. It is understandable to worry about having to pay legal fees in advance. With contingency fees, you can rest assured that if your case is unsuccessful, you will incur no attorney’s fee expenses. In addition, you can rest assured that our goal is the same as yours – to recover maximum compensation for all of your losses.
If you have been injured and are seeking risk-free legal assistance, contact the personal injury attorneys immediately for a free consultation regarding your situation and your best legal options. We will explain how contingency fees can allow you to obtain the legal assistance you need without incurring any financial risk.
Types Of Legal Service Pricing
In theory, a lawyer and client can sign a contract establishing almost any type of payment structure imaginable; however, most lawyers tend to stick to one of a few basic billing structures. Here are a few of the most prevalent ways in which attorneys charge for their services:
- Hourly Billing
The attorney tracks every hour spent working on the case and bills the client at an hourly rate. This type of payment structure can quickly become very expensive. Typically, it is not a suitable option for clients with limited resources.
- Fixed Pricing
The attorney charges a fixed fee in advance for a specific type of service. Under this pricing structure, you are aware of your costs, but you still risk losing money if your case is unsuccessful.
A lawyer is on retainer when the client pays them a regular fee, even if they are not working on a specific case. The client may then contact the attorney at any time for legal services. This arrangement is typically utilized by wealthy clients and is uncommon among personal injury attorneys.
- Contingency Fees
The attorney and client agree to “no win, no fee” representation. It specifies the percentage of the compensation the attorney will receive if the case is successful, regardless of the actual amount. If the case is unsuccessful, both the client and the attorney receive nothing.
How Contingency Fees Work In Personal Injury Cases?
- The lawyer will meet with you to discuss your case and how they can help.
- You and the lawyer will sign an agreement describing their legal services if you decide to work together. If you win, this agreement will determine your contingency fees.
- Your lawyer will track unreimbursed case costs throughout the case.
- If the case settles, the lawyer will receive the check, deduct the initial agreement percentage and case costs, and send the rest to you.
- If the case goes to court, the lawyer will deduct costs as described above, but the contingency agreement may have set a different percentage than if it had settled.
- Attorney’s fees are waived if you don’t win.
After an accident, you may need financial compensation desperately, but you may be unable to afford the legal services you deserve. With Garcia and Phan, you won’t have to financially overextend yourself. Our personal injury attorneys will fight for you without asking for anything in return unless we win. Call us now at (714) 586-8298.