If you or someone you love has been in a truck accident, you know how bad it can be and how it can change your life. The financial, emotional, and physical costs can be too much to bear. You might be wondering if you’ll ever get better.
The first thing you should do is get in touch with a truck accident lawyer. This person can help you through the legal process and make sure you get a fair amount of money for your injuries. Here are some tips for making a good truck accident claim.
- For your truck accident claim to be successful, you must be able to show that the truck driver was at fault. Because they have a commercial driver’s license, truck drivers have to be more careful than other drivers. To show that the truck driver was careless, you must show that they broke a federal or state law or regulation or failed to act as a reasonable truck driver would have.
- Proving that the truck driver was careless and caused your injuries is another important part of a successful truck accident claim. This is called “cause.” You will have to prove that the truck driver’s carelessness caused your injuries and that you would not have been hurt if the truck driver hadn’t been careless.
- It’s important to find as much proof as you can to back up your claim. This includes pictures of the scene of the accident, statements from witnesses, the police report, and your medical records. If you have more proof, your claim will be stronger.
- The time limit is another important thing to think about. In most states, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a truck accident claim. This is how long you have to put in a claim. If you don’t make a claim within two years of the accident, you probably won’t be able to.
- You should also remember that insurance companies are not your friends. Their main goal is to make money, not to pay out claims. They will do everything they can to pay you as little as possible. This is why you need a truck accident lawyer with a lot of experience on your side.
- Don’t be scared to go to court with your case. In settlement talks, insurance companies will often offer you less money than you are worth in the hopes that you will take the money and leave. If you don’t think the offer of a settlement is fair, don’t be afraid to take your case to court. It’s important to remember that if you do go to trial, you could lose.
- Last, don’t be shy about asking for help. This could mean asking a truck accident lawyer, family, or friends for help. Many people are afraid to ask for help because they think they should be able to handle everything on their own. But that’s not the case. It’s not a sign of weakness to ask for help. It shows that you are strong.
Garcia and Phan is a law firm that helps people who have been hurt in truck accidents. We know how to deal with all kinds of truck accident claims and can help you. If you or someone you care about has been in a truck accident, call us at (714) 586-8298 right away. We offer free consultations and are happy to answer any questions you have.