If you or your loved ones have been affected by a rideshare accident involving a rideshare driver, it’s crucial to have a comprehensive understanding of the process for pursuing Uber Car Accident Claims. This guide provides a detailed overview of the necessary steps to take, potential approaches for resolving your case, and securing appropriate compensation.
The rideshare accident statistics on Uber accidents from 2017 and 2018. During this period, there were 97 accidents involving Uber vehicles, leading to 107 fatalities. Subsequently, the company based in California released a safety report covering 2019 and 2020, which continued to show a recurring occurrence of over a hundred fatalities annually. To be precise, there were 101 fatalities resulting from 91 fatal accidents. Tragedies do not adhere to any timeline or constraints.
What to do if your uber gets in an accident?
Meeting an accident can be a daunting experience but knowing the steps to take can take huge stress and burden away from you. Mindfully knowing the overview of the steps you can take that will ease the process to Uber Car Accident Claim:
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s a good idea to see a doctor after an accident. This is especially important if you experience any pain, numbness, or tingling after the accident.
- Note driver’s information: Get the names, contact information, and insurance information of the other driver(s) involved in the accident. You should also get the name and contact information of the Uber driver.
- Take pictures: If possible take pictures of the damage to the vehicles involved in the accident, as well as the surrounding area. This will help you document the accident and may be helpful if you need to file a claim.
- Gather documents: Keep the invoice of all the expenses you had to do after the accident including traveling cost, medical bills and even lost wages.
- Report uber accident: You can report the accident to Uber through the app or by calling their customer service number.
- Get a copy of the police report: The police will usually file a report after an accident. You can get a copy of this report from the police department.
How long does an Uber settlement take?
The amount of time it takes to settle an Uber Car Accident Claim can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the severity of the injuries, the complexity of the case, and the willingness of the parties to negotiate. In general, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to settle Uber Car Accident Claims. However, in some cases, it may take longer, especially if the case is contested.
What legal options do I have after I get into a uber accident
The legal options available to you after an Uber accident will depend on the specific circumstances of the accident. However, there are some general options that may be available to you, including:
- Initiate a claim with Uber’s insurance provider: Uber maintains a commercial insurance policy designed to cover accidents involving its drivers. Should you sustain injuries in an Uber accident, you can commence a claim process with Uber’s insurance company.
- Initiate a claim with your personal insurance provider: If your car is covered by collision insurance, you have the option to begin a claim with your own insurance company. Subsequently, your insurance provider will engage in subrogation, seeking reimbursement from Uber’s insurance company.
- Consider legal action against the Uber driver: If you hold the view that the Uber driver’s negligence led to the accident, there’s a possibility of pursuing legal action against the driver. However, it’s important to acknowledge that Uber drivers are generally categorized as independent contractors, which can introduce challenges when attempting to file a lawsuit against them.
- Contemplate legal action against Uber: In certain scenarios, it might be feasible to file a lawsuit against Uber itself and suing uber for car accident. This avenue becomes more viable if Uber’s negligence can be established, such as inadequacies in driver screening procedures or insufficient training protocols.
It is important to speak with an attorney to discuss your legal options after an Uber accident. An attorney can help you understand your rights and options and can represent you in a claim. Contact Orange County Personal Injury Lawyer at (714)-586-8298 at Garcia & Phan for a free case evaluation.